علومي
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

comic - The Movement or My Heart!

Go down

comic - The Movement or My Heart! Empty comic - The Movement or My Heart!

Post by شجون Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:57 pm

the 1970s with "The Movement or My Heart!" from Marvel's Our Love Story #18 (August 1972).

comic - The Movement or My Heart! Blog162_OLS_18_1

Dig this cover with pencils by Gene Colan and inks by Romita!
Story written by Joy Jackson, penciled by Jim Mooney

and inked by Frank McLaughlin!

"TheMovement or My Heart!" opens with our protagonist -- Brandy, internallycriticizing her co-worker, Laurie for being a traitor to the cause offemale equality.

comic - The Movement or My Heart! Blog162_OLS_18_2

Afterconfronting Laurie about her flirtatious and attention grabbing ways,Brandy receives the old, "What's the matter...jealous?"

Brandy quicklyretorts that she is waiting it out for a "real man...not a malechauvinist pig!" Once on the streets of the city, Brandy grapples withher decision to be disciplined and committed to the cause of equality.

comic - The Movement or My Heart! Blog162_OLS_18_3

Brandy'sbeliefs in female equality are again challenged when her pilot brotherbrings home a friend with intentions of going on a double date.

Brandy's initial interest in Rafe is quickly extinguished when herbrother directs her to change out of her pants suit into something more"feminine."

Rafe makes a swift exit, claiming he actually already had adate for the evening and Brandy's brother retaliates by declaring sheis going to wind up old and alone.

comic - The Movement or My Heart! Blog162_OLS_18_4

Thenext day, Brandy meets with Congressman Bill Bertleson -- aself-proclaimed supporter of women's lib.

Doubtful of his stance atfirst, Brandy quickly sees that Bill is a true friend of the movement.

comic - The Movement or My Heart! Blog162_OLS_18_5

Brandyand Bill become fast friends and soon she is accompanying him on tripsto meet with constituents and volunteering for his campaign.

Over amonth's time, it is clear that she has developed romantic feelings forBill.

When a kiss does not ensue, Brandy is devastated and in herdisappointment, she comes to the conclusion that Bill was only usingher as a free laborer.

comic - The Movement or My Heart! Blog162_OLS_18_6

Brandyrefuses Bill's calls and letters for weeks, forcing him to drop by herhome. At the threshold of the door, Bill declares that he can't livewithout her anymore.

Outwardly, Brandy accuses him of just wanting herfor her secretarial skills, but internally she realizes that he maycare for her back. Bill comes clean and divulges his reason for takingthings slow -- he didn't want to offend her and her "women's libattitude..."

Letting go of preconceived notions, the two embrace and amarriage proposal is delivered -- and accepted.

comic - The Movement or My Heart! Blog162_OLS_18_7

Onecan only hope that if this story were have to extended beyond its sevenpages, Brandy would have continued her fight for female equality --with her new husband rallying at her side.

I am quite confident itwould have, and would not have ended up like the brutish My Love yarn "No Man is My Master"from one year earlier.

A strongly written story in my opinion, with aprotagonist that doesn't abandon her ideals for love, but instead findsa love compatible and respectful of those ideals.

comic - The Movement or My Heart! At
شجون
شجون

الجنس : Female

عدد المساهمات : 502
النقاط : 53746
التقييم : 26
تاريخ التسجيل : 2010-02-23

Back to top Go down