علومي
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ultimate Halloween Party Playlist

2 posters

Go down

The Ultimate Halloween Party Playlist Empty The Ultimate Halloween Party Playlist

Post by 3loomi Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:07 am

The Ultimate Halloween Party Playlist Mr_c3158766d9e973

--By Mike Singer,BonAppétit

Bring your Halloween party back from the dead with these eightspooky jams.

1. Johnny Otis and Marci Lee/ Castin' My Spell
The ham-bone rhythm of "Willie and Hand Jive" made JohnnyOtis a staple of rhythm-and-blues juke compilations, and thisrocker about concocting a potion of snakes, bats, and goats'teeth is spellbinding beyond its lyrics.

2. LaVern Baker/ Voodoo Voodoo
"I thought I was a snake, I started crawlin' on theground; I thought I was a dog, I started barkin' like ahound." LaVern Baker's raucous R&B rouser aboutgetting hexed by love will undoubtedly have your guests shakinglike a hooey stick.

Related: Fun Facts About Halloween

3. The Zombies/ Butchers Tale (Western Front 1914)
Technically about the horrors of the first World War, thissong's bellowing baroque harmonium and shaky vocals make it aneerily haunting ballad. Extra point for a band named after theundead.

4. Tom Waits/ Whistlin' Past the Graveyard
Tom Waits' raspy growl already makes him sound as if he'ssitting around a campfire, flashlight beam to chin, trying tofrighten young scouts, but when he’️s singing about a burialground, it resonates particularly ominously.

5. The Besties/ Zombie Song
This Brooklyn-based rock band euphonically captures theheart-wrenching agony of falling in love with a murderous walkingcorpse in a pop song that's as sweet as candy-apple brains.

See Also: Top 10 Grossest Halloween Candies of 2010

6. TV On The Radio/ Wolf Like Me
The pulsating beat and subtext of this werewolf-themed synth-popanthem will penetrate your heart like a silver bullet.

7. The Five Blobs/ The Blob
Formed solely to record the title track of the early Steve McQueenfilm, The Five Blobs were as amorphous as the formidable focus ofthis upbeat, sax-driven Burt Bacharach-penned admonishment.

8. Jack & Jim/ MidnightMonsters Hop

A Halloween dance party can only be consummated with a song about aHalloween dance party. The Mummy, the Invisible Man, the Werewolf,and Dracula all attended the great monsters' ball from '50srockabilly duo Jack Huddle and Jim Robinson.Photo Credit:Conde Nast Digital Studio

:@:
3loomi
3loomi

الجنس : Female

عدد المساهمات : 826
النقاط : 52529
التقييم : 10
تاريخ التسجيل : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Halloween Party Playlist Empty Re: The Ultimate Halloween Party Playlist

Post by discovery Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:25 am

thanx a lot
discovery
discovery

الجنس : Male

عدد المساهمات : 1005
النقاط : 54532
التقييم : 12
تاريخ التسجيل : 2010-04-28

Back to top Go down