علومي
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RSS How to Stop Taking Things Personally (Part 1

2 posters

Go down

RSS How to Stop Taking Things Personally (Part 1 Empty RSS How to Stop Taking Things Personally (Part 1

Post by 3loomi Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:40 am

Limiting Belief

I take things personally but I don’t want others to know I do!

Playback Affirmation

Eventhough I take things personally, I don’t have a sense of humor aboutmyself, and I try to act like words don’t hurt me, I deeply andcompletely love and accept myself…without judgment.

Everyone at some point in their lives(if not on a daily basis like I used to) takes things personally.

Inour society if we are so caught off guard as to accidentally SHOW thatwe are hurt, offended, or misunderstood in any way we can expectsomeone to blurt “stop taking things personally!” Or my personalfavorite, “stop being so sensitive!” And then of course what follows isnot only do you feel beaten up by someone’s words or actions but nowyou are additionally beating yourself up for taking things personally.

Taking criticism or others’ opinions of you personally can cause yourcareer passion to fizzle, drain your motivation to work on your dreams,and result in losing a great deal of valuable time that could have beendirected at creating success for yourself.

From “personal” experience we all knowthat to stop taking things personally is not as simple as tellingourselves “STOP taking things personally.” Easier said than done!

In a previous post entitled “Affirmations Don’t Work! Without this…”I introduced a video about EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) which is apowerful technique for banishing the things that hold you back inlife. If you are new to EFT, I highly recommend watching the Try It On Everything movie first to get a feel for what I’m about to teach you.

Ifyou’re addressing your “taking things personally” issue for the veryfirst time with EFT, it’s good to start with the broader aspect to helpyou get out of beating yourself up for even having such a problem. The following process is what I have found works for me…

1. First, rate your level of negative feeling towards “I takethings personally” on a scale of 0 to 10, “10″ being very intensenegative feeling and “0″ being no negative feeling exists towards theissue.

2. Then, tap on the script I used for the first few rounds of EFT on this issue:
* Setup Phrase at the Karate Chop point (KC):“Even though I take things personally, I deeply and profoundly love and accept myself.Even though I don’t seem to have a sense of humor about myself, I deeply and completely love and accept myself.

Even though I try to act likewords don’t hurt me, but they do, I deeply and completely love andaccept myself…without judgment.”

* Inner Eye Brow point (IE): “Man, do I take things personally!”

* Outer Eye point (OE): “What’s wrong with me I’m so darn sensitive!”

* Under Eye point (UE): “Yes, I do take things personally and it’s SO annoying that I do that.”

* Under Nose point (UN): “It’s just words we’re talking about, what’s the big deal?”

* Chin point (C): “But words DO hurt, or I wouldn’t be dwelling on them like this…”

* Collar Bone point (CB): “Why do I feel the need to take things personally?”

* Under Arm point (UA): “Here I go again, taking things personally…”

* Top of Head point (TOH): “What if I could stop taking things so personally?”

3. Take a deep breath. Drink some water…

4. Again, rate your level of negative feeling towards “I take thingspersonally” on a scale of 0 to 10, “10″ being very intense negativefeeling and “0″ being no negative feeling exists towards the issue.

5. If you still feel uncomfortable about “taking things personally”,and you haven’t reduced the negative feeling down to a rating of zero(or at least to a level that brings you some sense of emotionalfreedom) then repeat the script. But this time skip the (KC) setupphrase and start at the (IE) point.

6. Repeat step (4) until you feel emotionally free (for some peopleit means feeling lighter, “brighter”, unburdened, anger-free,refreshed, clear-headed, relaxed, happy, at peace, etc)…or to be safe,do at least 3 rounds of the script and see what happens over the nextfew days.

That’s it for Part 1 of “How to Stop Taking Things Personally” usingEFT! Although the script outlined above seems vague and almost toogood to be true with its simplicity, it is essential that you startsomewhere, anywhere, and sometimes it’s the facts that are most obviousin your life that will “break the ice” to allow for deeper work withcore issues to surface.

In Part 2 of “How to Stop Taking Things Personally” we will take thescript used in Part 1 and expand it to include another powerful methodof EFT to install new and more beneficial beliefs.

SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title: "How to Stop Taking Things Personally (Part 1)", url: "http://www.sqooshyourcritic.com/articles-to-help-you-sqoosh-your-critic/a-passionate-career/how-to-stop-taking-things-personally-part-1/" });

-----

http://www.sqooshyourcritic.com/articles-to-help-you-sqoosh-your-critic/a-passionate-career/how-to-stop-taking-things-personally-part-1/
3loomi
3loomi

الجنس : Female

عدد المساهمات : 826
النقاط : 52509
التقييم : 10
تاريخ التسجيل : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

RSS How to Stop Taking Things Personally (Part 1 Empty Re: RSS How to Stop Taking Things Personally (Part 1

Post by nokia Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:19 am

v.good

thank you
nokia

عدد المساهمات : 120
النقاط : 51709
التقييم : 11
تاريخ التسجيل : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down